Copy answers from 1 sheet to another based on condition - VB

Closed
Ritika.gup Posts 1 Registration date Friday June 3, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 4, 2016 - Jun 4, 2016 at 05:16 PM
 Ritika.gup - Jun 5, 2016 at 04:24 PM
I want to copy description mentioned in particular cell only when the adjacent cell (i.e. adjacent column cell) says 'YES' . I want to copy this description from one sheet to another. Is this possible through any Excel functionality or Visual Basic?

Worksheet 1 - Column R says Name of the control; Column AA specifies Yes/No; Column BB specifies description for that control if Column AA says 'Yes'

I need to copy the 'name of the control' (data in Column R) and 'description' (data in Column BB) to another workbook (Worksheet 2) if Column AA = 'Yes'.

If this is not possible, then copying data from one tab to another in a workbook would also work for me.

This is Urgent. Can any expert here please help.

Thank you,
Ritika
Related:

1 response

danwagnerco Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 17, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 5, 2016
Jun 5, 2016 at 11:59 AM
Heya Ritika -- this is very possible.

Quick clarification question. Do you need to copy data between two worksheets (Worksheet 1 and Worksheet 2) in the same file? Or are Worksheet 1 and Worksheet 2 in different files?

Thanks!
Dan
Hey Dan,

Thank you for such a quick response. This is much appreciated. I need to finaLise this asap.

Preferably different files.

If not possible, then same file with different tabs would also work.

Also, is it possible to create pivot table using data in a cell containing checkmarks, where a number of options are selected. For e.g. I check A and C in one cell and then B and C in next row and so on. And then create a pivot to see how many C's I have.

Thanks again!
Ritika