WD Harddisk Data Recovery

Closed
Surendra Babu - Aug 19, 2016 at 03:33 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Aug 29, 2016 at 04:00 AM
Hello,

I'm using WD Harddisk for the last 6Years,
Present I'm having trouble with the hard disk,
Hard disk is not recognized by the system.
And making Hissing sound while running,
How can get the Data from the Harddisk?
The data is necessary for me(my memories).
Kindly help me from this issue.
Contact no: removed by moderator
Email: ***@***
Hard disk serial number:WCAV9C546173

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Aug 29, 2016 at 04:00 AM
Hi Surendra Babu,

I am sorry for any inconveniency caused by your WD drive. Is this an internal drive? Could describe the sound coming from the drive as a clicking sound? Unfortunately, strange noises coming from the drive may indicate a mechanical issue.
I would recommend you to test the drive on another PC and with another cable. Is the drive visible in BIOS? If it is, check if it is listed in Disk Management. Does it have a drive letter and a file format?
Since the data on the drive is personal and very important, I would recommend you to contact a Data Recovery Company and try to save the information. If you manage to do so, please keep the data on at least two different devices.
Please hide the Serial number of the drive, because it contains important information about the drive.

Hope this helps