I turned my screen into just have background

Closed
losjash - Aug 21, 2016 at 12:26 PM
kmi187 Posts 29 Registration date Saturday August 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2019 - Aug 21, 2016 at 04:36 PM
Hello,
I acedently clicked on something in the menu that drops down when you right click on the desktop and basically me clicking that made my desktop/ everything jyst my background so I can't right click click anything or type and I can't even go to the ctr alt delete menu because when I do its just a dark screen so what I thing I did is I made my screen be like an additional monitor in a setup but because its a laptop there isn't a an original monitor visible now so I cant see where I'm clicking but I can hear my clicks.SO PLEASE HELP I REALLY WANT MY LAPTOP BACK PLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!! :( :( :(

Related:

1 response

kmi187 Posts 29 Registration date Saturday August 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2019 2
Aug 21, 2016 at 04:36 PM
Can you tell me what Brand/model laptop this is?

Most laptops come with an FN key and then some keys on your keyboard, with the same color printing as the FN on the function key. With one of these (usually has a monitor icon in the color of the print on the FN key), you can switch to laptop monitor, external monitor, or both monitors if you have an external one. You probably accidently pressed this with no external monitor attached, so your screen is black, although the laptop is fully functional.

If you can tell me the model and brand i'll look up what the key combination is for your laptop, however if you look around a bit on your keyboard you will probably be able to find it yourself.

There are also function keys to turn on and off wifi for instance, or turn brightness of the screen up and down, so it's worth looking into how the system of function keys works.

Best of luck.