My pc goes but nothing shows up on the screen

Closed
AfriSun - Oct 9, 2016 at 07:51 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 11, 2016 at 03:42 AM
Hello, I have a pc that i was bulding up and it was working just fine until the fan started makinģ a noise when i switched it off and opened it up a few wires were by the fan i just pushed them aside but when i tried putting it back on all fans go one the light on the motherboard goes on but the monitor ,the mouse and the keyboard all dont come on even my usb that light up even if the pc is off doesn't light up any more
I trie removing all my ram to se if its the motherboard but the it beeps 3 time and jest keeps on spinning i just dont know whats the problem

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 11, 2016 at 03:42 AM
Hi AfriSun,

Could you tell me the model of your motherboard? Those beep codes may mean different things depending on the motherboard’s manufacturer. Please check the motherboard’s manual for further details. In general 3 short beeps may indicate a RAM failure or a motherboard problem. Disconnect all peripherals and try booting. Sometimes stuck keyboard button may cause trouble. I cannot tell what happened with that cooling fan and what caused the problem. This can be verified after a professional examination. Removing the RAM memory was a good decision. If you are using two memory modules, try booting with only one of them connected.

Hope this helps