VirtualBox is a program that enables users to install two different operating systems on a single computer. This way, they can take advantage of specific software for each platform.
- Virtual PC creation: VirtualBox is able to process in the creation of as many virtual computers as you want by installing different operating systems. For example, you can use Windows and Mac at the same time.
- Components: as real operating systems, they will also own virtual devices such as RAM, hard disk, USB ports and even a sound card.
- Remote access: this program offers the possibility to remote-control a PC thanks to the help of HTTP protocol. This option is necessary when the user is away and has to connect to their computer.
- Open source: what distinguishes this program from others is that it’s open-source. It gives editors the opportunity to modify source codes in order to extend its features or to add plug-ins.
- Software installation: VirtualBox is a practical tool. It gives users the ability to install it and take advantage of various software and applications without damaging its materials and the main operating system.
You can run VirtualBox on Windows, Linux, Mac or Solaris operating systems. You can download different platform packages here
Is It Free?
The program is completely free of charge.