Hinge - The dating app that is designed to be deleted
. The idea behind the app is that once you have matched with someone and organised a meet-up, hit it off, start a relationship with them, then you remove the app.
The amount of detailed and specific information that you can add to your profile is a real plus. If your religion, or lack of is a deal breaker for you, you can make it known. If you don’t drink or smoke and are looking for someone cut from the same cloth, then you can share this information with a future partner.
With the free version there is a limit of ‘10 likes’ per day
. This is aimed at discouraging an overly eager swiping finger, which on some dating apps is considered the norm. It’s about quality not quantity!
- Designed to be deleted
- 10 likes per day
- Add preferential filters (gender, age, ethnicity and more)
- Most compatible (recommended matches)
- Free (there are paid options which allow you to additional criteria ie. Height
Is it Safe?
Make sure you take the necessary precautions when meeting up with someone that you meet online. Never share detailed personal information with someone (Bank details etc).
- It is advised that you don't share detailed personal information with anyone (bank details).
- Meet in public
- Download one of these personal safety apps here, that allow friends and family to keep track of your whereabouts during a first meeting.
Hinge is arguably an app for those seriously looking for a more serious relationship. There is a greater focus on establishing a relationship than just a simple meet up, if you are looking for that, then Hinge is worth a look.
Hinge is also available for iOS here