Physical and sexual violence is a global problem that affects millions of people-especially women, every day. To improve your security, technology has become a great ally. If you want to feel more at ease when you go out, read on and find out about some of the best applications that can be used to protect you or give an alarm if you are in danger.
Life360 is a family locator that locates your near loved ones, including children and older people, but which can also be very useful for women. Thanks to its "Circles" function, you can see where each member of the group is located on a shared map. You can share your location with your partner or your group of friends at any time. Of course, you can choose to show your location also when not in a risky area. It also has a panic button that will send your location by GPS when you press it.
It is available for Android and iOS.
This app is designed especially for women and consists of a map in which users can mark places where they suffered street harassment or any type of abuse. It also allows you to share personal testimonies about the circumstances of the violent episode. In this way, Hollaback! configures a mapping of dangerous or unsafe places, which serves to alert other users.
Safe365 is a familiar GPS tracking app very useful for women who want to keep their loved ones informed of their location. Safe365 includes the possibility to notify other people when you enter or leave a particular area, send reminders to recharge your mobile phone when the battery is running out, choose when you want to share your location, and a panic button to notify others in case of emergency. In addition, Safe365 will notify your chosen contacts if you can't be located.
This app, owned by Google, works similarly to Safe365 and Life360: it is a personal security application that allows you to share information directly with chosen contacts. With it you can share your location, send your last location after a defined period (even without internet connection or battery), and even schedule location alerts in the future. In this way, your contacts will be able to see the status of your phone's activity and they will know automatically if you are ok, their creators explain. As it is integrated with the Google Maps location sharing feature.
You can download it for Android and also iOS.
SOS Emergency Features
Android and iOS devices have built in emergency features that can allow you to call emergency services discreetly and send SOS messages to your emergency contacts. This dedicated article will show you how to use SOS emergency features on your phone.
- Apps for personal safety
- Bsafe app
- Hollie guard app
- Indian Police to Launch Women Safety App
- Personalized Facebook App to Mirror Your Use
- How to update emojis: on Android, on iPhone > Guide
- How To Personalize the Messages App on the S6
- My personal account was disabled [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Waze settings: iPhone, fastest route, menu, Android
- The best religious apps: free, for Android, for iPhone
- The best dating apps: for 2022, free, for relationships
- Best apps to cancel your subscriptions
- Generate a QR code: free, for URL
- Parental control apps: for iPhone, Android, PC
- The best baby apps of 2022 for new parents
- Scan QR code: iPhone, Android, from picture
- Calendar apps: for iPhone, Windows, Mac, Android
- Apps to transfer money internationally: no fee, quickly
- Best crypto wallets: app, for NFT, Android
- Cooking apps 2022: for beginners, iPhone, Android
- The best apps to fulfil New Year's resolutions
- Apps for meditation: free, for anxiety, for sleep
- Where to download ebooks and audiobooks: for free, on PC
- Top resume builder apps: for iPhone, Android
- Top neobanks in 2022: secure, reliable, quick
- Top money earning apps 2022: real, without investment
- Budgeting apps: free, for couples, for students
- Apps to learn languages: free, offline, fast