Cisco Packet Tracer is a true networking laboratory where users can create network topologies and simulate modern client-server networks.
What is Packet Tracer? Cisco Packet Tracer is a powerful network simulation software developed by Cisco. The tool can be used to build and simulate simple and complex networks. It also provides a learning environment for instructional courses, professional training, distance learning, etc. Welcome to our Cisco Packet Tracer Download page.
- Two Learning Modes: Packet Tracer provides two operating modes. The simulation mode allows the user to see and control time intervals, the propagation of data across a network, as well as the inner workings of data transfer. On the other hand, in the real-time mode the network behaves as real devices would do. This allows the user to gain configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Multi-User: The tool offers peer-to-peer support for multiple users, who can collaboratively construct a virtual network. Projects are always focussed on real-life situations. Packet Tracer gives step-by-step instructions on installing and configuring network devices, connecting wireless and wired networks, cabling schemes, etc.
Is Cisco Packet Tracer Free?
Yes, Packet Tracer is a free-to-use software. The only requirement is that you enroll in Cisco's Introduction to Packet Tracer Course.
How Does Packet Tracer Work?
The above mentioned Packet Tracer course is the best way to discover the features of this networking simulation tool. It is a self-paced online course that requires no prior networking knowledge. After having enrolled, you can start learning best practices and valuable tips for Cisco Packet Tracer.
Is Packet Tracer Safe?
This software can be considered completely safe. Packet Tracer can be used to simulate and study real-life network scenarios. It is meant to prepare users before they start putting their network knowledge into practice.
Packet Tracer is available on Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
- Operating System: Windows 10 or 8, macOS 10.14 (or newer) or Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
- Memory: 4 GB RAM.
- Storage: 1.4 GB available disk space.
Images: © Cisco Networking Academy.
- Cisco packet tracer
- Latest packet tracer - Best answers
- Packet tracer - Best answers
- Wrt300n cisco packet tracer ✓ - Forum - Linksys
- Packet tracer code - Forum - CISCO
- Cisco modem not connecting to internet ✓ - Forum - CISCO
- Cisco anyconnect limited or no connectivity ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Send wol packet cmd - How-To - Windows