PuTTy download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
PuTTY is a free, open-source, and widely used terminal emulator and SSH client for Windows, Linux, and Mac. It provides an easy way to securely connect to a remote machine and supports a range of protocols and encryption algorithms.
What is PuTTY?
PuTTY is an open-source serial console, terminal emulator, and network file transfer application developed by Simon Tatham. Initially released in 1999, it is still maintained, improved, and is widely used worldwide. Simply put, it is designed to make a secure connection between computers and pass commands and data.
What are the key features of PuTTY?
- Interface: You have the possibility to set up PuTTY using the command line interface or the graphic interface. Either way, it is pretty simple to establish a secure connection, but you can also dive into many settings depending on your needs and level of knowledge.
- Connect and share: You can connect to another machine remotely to do whatever you want, but this is also an excellent way to transfer pieces of data, like files, in a secure way.
- Encryption: As it supports many variations on the secure remote terminal, it provides control over the SSH encryption key and protocol version, alternate ciphers such as 3DES, AES, Blowfish, RC4, DES, and Public-key authentication.
- Cross-platform: It is mainly supported on the most common platforms so you won't experience compatibility issues. Also, it makes it a true asset for collaborating safely with people.
- Command line clients: PuTTY uses SCP and SFTP clients, called pscp and psftp, to connect directly from the user's computer to another via an Internet connection. It also supports connecting to multiple servers simultaneously.
- Versatile: It supports SSO through GSSAPI and user-provided GSSAPI DLLs. Also, it is capable of emulating control sequences from Vt220, VT102, xterm, or ECMA-48 terminal and allows remote, dynamic, or local port forwarding with SSH. Finally, the network communication layer supports IPv6, and the SSH protocol supports the email@example.com delayed compression scheme.
How does PuTTY work?
- Launch your PuTTY SSH client. Enter the destination server's SSH IP and SSH port. Then, click on Open to start a connection to the server.
- A login window will show, asking you to enter your SSH username. This is your username on the server side, so you are either the administrator or a casual user. Once done, press Enter.
- Type your password, and press Enter. For security reasons, the password won't be displayed.
- You are now remotely connected to your server.
For more information, you can consult the official FAQ. You will also find plenty of online tutorials, depending on your needs.
Is PuTTY free?
PuTTY is completely free to use.
Is PuTTY safe?
PuTTY is a legitimate program, completely safe to download.
- Putty download
- Download putty
- Putty download for windows 10 64 bit filehippo
- KMSPico > Download - Other
- DaVinci Resolve 18 > Download - Video editing
- Minecraft: Java Edition > Download - Sandbox
- Google Meet: download for PC, Mac, Android (APK) > Download - Video calls
- Grand Theft Auto V > Download - Action and adventure