WPSApp is an application that can check if the wifi network you are connected to is secure with the WPS (Wifi Protected Setup) protocol.
What are the key features of WPSApp?
- This protocol, which allows users to quickly connect to wifi networks using only 8 digits instead of the full password, can sometimes cause vulnerabilities. What WPSApp does is check whether the password is really secure or If you can guess the key.
- In addition, this app allows you to view the WiFi passwords you have stored on your smartphone, and check the quality of the WiFi channels.
How to know if a network is safe or not?
The application will show the following indicators:
- A red x, if the network is relatively secure, has the WPS protocol disabled and the default password is not known.
- A question mark, if the WPS protocol is activated but the pin is unknown
- A green check mark implies that the network is in principle vulnerable, has the WPS protocol activated and the app knows the pin to connect with, or that it has the protocol deactivated and the app knows its password.
In order to see the passwords, you need to be a root user.