MS Office home use

Closed
Sylvain - Sep 1, 2017 at 05:42 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 1, 2017 at 05:01 PM
Hello,

If I was to purchase MS Office Suite 2013 for my Laptop computer, do I get a key so I can also install it on desktop computer home both 2010 OS?

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Sep 1, 2017 at 11:21 AM
here is the Microsoft terms of service:

How can I use the software? We do not sell our software or your copy of it – we only license it. Under our license we grant you the right to install and run that one copy on one computer (the licensed computer) for use by one person at a time, but only if you comply with all the terms of this agreement. Our software license is permanently assigned to the licensed computer. Please refer to the Additional Terms for licenses and conditions that are specific to certain countries, Limited Rights Versions and Special Editions of the software. The components of the software are licensed as a single unit. You may not separate or virtualize the components and install them on different computers. The software may include more than one version, such as 32-bit and 64-bit, and you may install and use only one version at a time. Except for the permitted use described under “Remote Access” below, this license is for direct use of the software only through the input mechanisms of the licensed computer, such as a keyboard, mouse, or touchscreen. It does not give permission for installation of the software on a server or for use by or through other computers or devices connected to the server over an internal or external network. The software also is not licensed for commercial hosting. For more information on multiple user scenarios and virtualization, see the Additional Terms.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Sep 1, 2017 at 05:01 PM
If you are to purchase Microsoft Office, instead of 2013, I suggest 2016; 2013 is no longer available.

Xpcman is correct, you would need to purchase a licence for two computers.