Apache OpenOffice download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Apache OpenOffice is an open-source cross-platform office productivity suite that brings together everything you need to create text documents and presentations, process lots of data, create diagrams, and manage databases. Basically, it is an alternative to the Microsoft Office suite.
What is Apache OpenOffice?
Apache OpenOffice is an open-source office productivity software package, similar to the famous LibreOffice and NeoOffice suites, that features a word processor (named Writer), a spreadsheet (Calc), a presentation app (Impress), a drawing app (Draw), a formula editor (Math), and a database management app (Base).
What does Apache OpenOffice include?
- Writer: Writer is a word processor that features everything you need from a modern, fully equipped word processor. Depending on what you want to create, you can start from scratch or use one of the numerous text templates. Also, you can easily configure the style and formatting, automatically correct typing mistakes, create a table of contents and references, and more.
- Calc: Calc is a spreadsheet tool designed to process data and numbers in no time. Of course, you can organize your work in several spreadsheets, use formulas to compute complex data automatically, show data using diagrams, detect consistency errors or circular references, etc. In addition, it features DataPilot, which makes it easy to pull in raw data from databases, cross-tabulate, summarize, and convert it into meaningful information.
- Impress: Impress is an app for creating multimedia presentations composed of slides you can populate with everything you want, including text, images, hyperlinks, and custom transitions and animations, allowing you to create stylish presentations in no time. You have everything you need to control the user experience, you can take notes only you see to no longer miss important points to present, and it supports multiple monitors so you can use additional materials.
- Draw: Draw is the drawing app you can use to make business processes and diagrams. You can insert all kinds of objects, add images and text, group them, create relations between objects, and produce meaningful diagrams. As it includes lots of different shapes and objects, you can use it no matter what your business is about.
- Base: Base is a general-purpose database management system designed to meet various kinds of needs, from tracking specific pieces of data to producing customized sales reports. Base includes native support drivers for many database engines, including MySQL, Adabas D, MS Access, and PostgreSQL. In addition, it features a wizard to help new users design and create tables, queries, forms, and reports.
- Math: Math is a formula editor to create equations and formulas you can use in other documents. You will easily find all the symbols you need to create complex formulas.
- Collaboration features: Depending on the app you choose, you will find common features to efficiently collaborate, such as multiple users support, the ability to leave or review notes or modifications, the ability to export your final product into several formats like PDF or Microsoft-compatible formats, and lots more.
How to use Apache OpenOffice?
Once downloaded and installed, open one of the applications mentioned above depending on your needs. You can then start exploring the different features and create your project. When you're done, you can save your work for later use, send it, or print it. You can also find more valuable learning resources on the official website.
Is it free?
You can use this software for free.
Is it safe?
- Open office download
- Open office free download
- Open office
- Openoffice date format > Guide
- Openoffice page numbers > Guide
- Openoffice update > Guide
- How to add background in openoffice writer > Guide
- Password protect a document: in OpenOffice Calc/OpenOffice > Guide