LCD monitor black screen [Closed]

Registration date
Wednesday January 31, 2018
Status
Last seen
February 1, 2018
-
 Blocked Profile -
Okay guys I need your help - I have Philips 220sw9fb/00 monitor, and some time ago my monitor started failing - the screen started to go black all the sudden. I figured that if I turned it off and on again it worked properly, and this worked for a while, but then the interval of proper work of monitor became shorter and shorter. The screen, then, started flickering a bit, and became really sensitive to a bright pictures - that is, if image was really bright, the monitor would immediately went black . Now it can work for just a second or two, before black screen appeared again. I have noticed that if I pointed a light at the screen, I could still see a faint picture on it, even though screen went black.

Now, I have decided to open it up and look for blown capacitors - and it appears that all capacitors are fine, none of them are bulged, (I have changed some of them, nevertheless, the ones that I could find in local electronics store - the other ones I would have to order either online, either with the store, because they have kinda weird voltage) - but the monitor still does not work properly.

Oh, one more thing, I have noticed that there is really, really high-pitch sound buzzing out of the monitor when I connect power cord - but when I press power button, the sound disappear - I am not sure if this ok. The other thing that was little bit weird to me is that I could "reset" the monitor just by disconnecting VGA cable - but the picture would appear again for a second or two, before going black again. Thank you for your help, in advance. Cheers!

2 replies

Replace the monitor!
Registration date
Wednesday January 31, 2018
Status
Last seen
February 1, 2018

Really? We've got a really smart guy here - thank you for your help.

Here is your first sign:

"really high-pitch sound buzzing out of the monitor when I connect power cord"

And here is your doubt:

"I am not sure if this ok"

I am on your side. It's not OK. Did it do that the first time you "connect the power cord"?

Have fun! I'm here all week!

Funny guy out!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!