LCD monitor black screen

Closed
SaamSaamaaa Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 31, 2018 Status Member Last seen February 1, 2018 - Updated on Jan 31, 2018 at 10:19 AM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 2, 2018 at 07:06 PM
Okay guys I need your help - I have Philips 220sw9fb/00 monitor, and some time ago my monitor started failing - the screen started to go black all the sudden. I figured that if I turned it off and on again it worked properly, and this worked for a while, but then the interval of proper work of monitor became shorter and shorter. The screen, then, started flickering a bit, and became really sensitive to a bright pictures - that is, if image was really bright, the monitor would immediately went black . Now it can work for just a second or two, before black screen appeared again. I have noticed that if I pointed a light at the screen, I could still see a faint picture on it, even though screen went black.

Now, I have decided to open it up and look for blown capacitors - and it appears that all capacitors are fine, none of them are bulged, (I have changed some of them, nevertheless, the ones that I could find in local electronics store - the other ones I would have to order either online, either with the store, because they have kinda weird voltage) - but the monitor still does not work properly.

Oh, one more thing, I have noticed that there is really, really high-pitch sound buzzing out of the monitor when I connect power cord - but when I press power button, the sound disappear - I am not sure if this ok. The other thing that was little bit weird to me is that I could "reset" the monitor just by disconnecting VGA cable - but the picture would appear again for a second or two, before going black again. Thank you for your help, in advance. Cheers!
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 31, 2018 at 04:41 PM
Replace the monitor!
SaamSaamaaa Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 31, 2018 Status Member Last seen February 1, 2018
Feb 1, 2018 at 03:02 AM
Really? We've got a really smart guy here - thank you for your help.
Blocked Profile
Feb 2, 2018 at 07:06 PM
Here is your first sign:

"really high-pitch sound buzzing out of the monitor when I connect power cord"

And here is your doubt:

"I am not sure if this ok"

I am on your side. It's not OK. Did it do that the first time you "connect the power cord"?

Have fun! I'm here all week!

Funny guy out!