Forgot Hotmail Outlook password

Closed
MelanieDenman - Updated on Feb 3, 2018 at 06:21 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 3, 2018 at 06:26 AM
Hello,

I am in the same boat. I got a new phone and the screen was broken so I could not sync the info of my mail. I now cannot remember the email password and have done multiple forms to try and regain access. I tried Microsoft chat and that did not help. Please help me as I know there are important emails in there.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 3, 2018 at 06:26 AM
If you can't remember your password, reset it

Follow these steps to create a new one:

Go to the Reset your password page.

https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.

Enter the email address, phone number or Skype ID you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.

Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you're not a robot), then click Next.

If you have security info on your account, Outlook will send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave them. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.