Scale Tab in Format Axis in Excel 2000 Charts

Closed
skeezix Posts 2 Registration date Friday June 1, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 2, 2018 - Jun 1, 2018 at 04:36 PM
skeezix Posts 2 Registration date Friday June 1, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 2, 2018 - Jun 2, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Hello,
Using Excel 2000 charts, in some files, when I right-click on the horizontal (Date) axis, select the Scale tab in Format Axis, I get a "Time (X axis) scale" with Minimum, Maximum, Base unit, and other values I can change.

In other files, I get a "Category (X) axis scale with 3 variables that I can change.

How can I change those charts so I always get the "Time (X axis) scale" ?
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 1, 2018 at 04:36 PM
What other files? Update your version of Excel!
skeezix Posts 2 Registration date Friday June 1, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 2, 2018
Jun 2, 2018 at 10:52 AM
These are all Excel 2000 files. All of the files contain line charts. All of the charts in most of the files function "normally", but all of the charts in some of the files exhibit the problem. Once again, the problem is:

When I right-click on the horizontal (Date) axis, select the Scale tab in the Format Axis DB, I get a "Category (X) axis scale with 3 variables that I can change. What I want is a "Time (X axis) scale" with Minimum, Maximum, Base unit, and other values that I can use to change the dates that the charts illustrate.

Excel 2000 has worked fine otherwise on my system, and the user interface of the update (Office 2016) is too clunky to have to relearn.