[Closed]
Registration date
Thursday June 14, 2018
Status
Last seen
June 14, 2018
-
 Blocked Profile -
OK i have tried a few different methods to fix my flash drive with no results. The micro SD card is 32GB inserted into an USB 2.0 adapter

When i plug the drive into a port Win7 makes a sound, and i am prompted to format the drive. I failed after a number attempts to format the drive. I tried all the ports on 3 different Computers(same results). Next-I uninstalled the usb driver and reinstalled the flash drive FAILED I opened CMD entered diskpart > secect disk 1 > clean PLUS i followed more steps that i found online but still FAILED I changed the LETTER of the drive then continued the step above FAILED I tried to insert the drive into my xbox 360 to try to format it FAILED I tried 4 different recovery software FAILED I tried to format each sector (it took 3 hours) FAILED I removed the card from the adapter and placed it into a sd card then inserted into my laptop FAILED I tired using a micro usb adapter to connect to my cell phone to erase ALL on the drive FAILED I Tried to use ERASER software to delete all on the drive FAILED

The drive was working find 2 days ago. It was used to store video games and add ons on my xbox 360 console. Two days ago, i went to play a game on the drive but it wasn't there. IF fact the console read the the drive was almost full, however the contents was empty.

ANY SUGGESTIONS GUYS

I would like to delete, erase or reset the drive so i can use it again. I can always re download the games and stuff.

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

When you format, are you doing it with ADMIN rights (Run as... ADMINISTRATOR)?
Registration date
Thursday June 14, 2018
Status
Last seen
June 14, 2018

yes
Blocked Profile
OK, plug in the drive, and go to DISK management. What does that console say about the partition and sizes?
Registration date
Thursday June 14, 2018
Status
Last seen
June 14, 2018

I tried that as well-it said the partition is full. all space used. and i even change the permissions and letter of the drive there too.

"I would like to delete" 

You cannot format it in disk management?

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!