Computer shutting down while viewing video [Closed]

Registration date
Thursday July 26, 2018
Status
Last seen
July 30, 2018
-
 Blocked Profile -
everytime i render a video my pc shuts down while rendering after about 3 minutes in, when i check task manager before it shuts down: disk is at 0% - 2%, gpu is stable (i forgot the number but nothing special, maybe 13%), cpu is stable at 43%.

i tried to boot the system in power saving mode, i tried to render with the pc uncovered, i tried changing affinity in sony vegas. i do not know why it shuts down, i changed cpu not a while ago and with the old one i could render without issues, it might be because i put too much of that cool paste so the cpu does not heat? or because there is dust in the ventilator?

specs:
gpu: gtx 1060 6gb gibabyte
cpu: ryzen 5 1600x
psu: a good, new one, i forgot the name
motherboard: asus prime b350m
hard drive: a old one, maybe 4 year old, it came with my old pc

note: it does not shut down if the video takes 10 seconds to render

2 replies

How many fans do you have in the case? Is there a fan on the CPU?
Registration date
Thursday July 26, 2018
Status
Last seen
July 30, 2018

i have 1 additional and yes

OK, so you are doing video editing, with one case fan? It is heat. What is the size of your Power Supply?
You need the Motherboard suite. Look to see what software is built for your motherboard. The motherboard manufacturer has a GUI built for their hardware. It is a matter of installing them. Once you have the controller, you slide the slider to what % of usage you want, it does its config, and you reboot!

Try this after you put in your OS, after it loads:
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-A/HelpDesk_Download/

YOur MB may not produce the tools after looking. IN which case, you need to do it in BIOS. How familair are you with BIOS settings, and the operation of BIOS?
Registration date
Thursday July 26, 2018
Status
Last seen
July 30, 2018
> Blocked Profile
sorry for the late response. so i know that if i press f2 when i turn on my pc, a window pops up and i think that's the bios you say, is that right?
Blocked Profile
YEs, but if you are not careful, or don't know what to change, you can mess things up. Look for your clock speed, and adjust it down. Save the config and reboot.
Registration date
Thursday July 26, 2018
Status
Last seen
July 30, 2018
> Blocked Profile
okay so i went to the bios and i found a lot of things that i do not understand, for cpu i found how to overclock and change something of the core, also i found a way to make the fans in my pc go faster but that's about it, do you have a tutorial of anything on how to underclock my cpu?
by the way i just realized that the title of this thread is wrong, pretty sure it got changed when i submitted it, it's "computer shutting down while rendering video"
Blocked Profile
It is trial and error. Start with the lowest speed, lowest core. Continue to reconfigure, reboot, until it fails! Then go back one setting!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!