New house WiFi setup

Closed
OillyBob55 - Aug 5, 2018 at 06:19 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 5, 2018 at 06:39 AM
Hello,

I have just bought a 3 story house build from thick stone. The WiFi I have currently is slow and will not get to the top of the house. I have 3 children who all use the internet constantly and then we have the added devices such as:
Smart TV’s
Gaming consoles
Tablets
And more I will have forgotten or will add no doubt.

I am after a system that will cover multiple users at once and will reach all over the house.

So far I have seen the Linksys Velop mesh system or place multiple routers over the house.

Can anyone recommend the best way of achieving good signal everywhere that won’t suffer from huge lag when it has lots of users (on avarage 5+ users)

Thanks

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Aug 5, 2018 at 06:39 AM
Hi

A WiFi repeater or extender will extend the coverage area of your WiFi network. It works by receiving your existing WiFi signal, amplifying it and then transmitting the boosted signal. With a WiFi repeater you can effectively double the coverage area of your WiFi network - reaching far corners of your home, different floors, or even extend coverage to your yard.

Good luck