Monitor Gets No Signal From PC After Sudden Crash

Closed
Beefy Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday August 8, 2018 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2018 - Aug 8, 2018 at 06:52 AM
Beefy Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday August 8, 2018 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2018 - Aug 9, 2018 at 03:55 AM
Hi guys thanks for taking the time to help,

I am a complete PC idiot, I really know nothing about hardware in a PC as I had been using a MacBook air playing csgo for the past 5 or 6 years. I know pretty horrific 25 fps, something that pc gamers would probably never even consider.

But to get to the problem, I recently bought my first pc of a mate, in the beginning it was working fine, until suddenly mid pubg game it crashed and made a screaming sound in my headphones, I shut down the pc and restart it but now my monitor says no signal, the pc seems to be running fine as I can hear it boot up and the monitor works with my Xbox. I plugged the DVI cord in and also tried hdmi but nothing seems to work,

Thanks for any help provided!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 8, 2018 at 05:27 PM
Well, with limited PC hardware knowledge, how comfortable are you with removing the RAM, and booting with RAM out? Use an ESD strap, or ground yourself prior to touchnig the PC. Also remove any power cords, and hold the POWER button in for 30 seconds prior to pulling the RAM. After booting with the RAM out, does it beep, or flash any lights? If not, then the MB has overheated and fried! The MB should be able to detect no RAM, and beep, or flash. No beeping, no flashing, no POST (Power On Self Test)!
Beefy Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday August 8, 2018 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2018
Aug 9, 2018 at 03:55 AM
Hey thanks for the comment nothing happened when the ram was taken out, the motherboard didn't flsash or anything, is that a confirmed motherboard problem?