Signal download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Signal for PC is an instant messaging app that allows you to send messages, photos, videos, files, make audio and video calls directly from your computer. Because it uses state-of-the-art end-to-end encryption technology and is open-source, Signal is considered one of the most secure instant messaging desktop applications worldwide. Powered by innovative technology and a very user-friendly user interface, you will love how private will become your conversations.
- State-of-the-art privacy: Everything in Signal, including messages, voice memos, shared files, images, videos, and calls, is end-to-end encrypted using state-of-the-art technology. Absolutely no third parties or Signal have access to these types of information.
- Ephemeral messages: This helpful feature allows you to automatically destroy your messages after a duration (that ranges from five seconds to one week) once the recipients have read them. Every person in the conversation will apply the same self-destruction duration settings.
- Group chats: Using Signal, you can easily create group chats of up to 1000 people. Each new participant must accept the invitation to be part of the group.
- Handy private notes: You can also use end-to-end encryption to send private notes to yourself so that they remain confidential. Like a regular chat with yourself, you can send text, photos, messages, files, etc. Only you will be able to consult them on your PC and linked devices.
- Dark mode: A nice-looking but straightforward user interface is used. It also features a dark mode to enjoy the app without feeling eyestrain.
- Excellent audio quality: You can make audio and video calls worldwide directly from the desktop application with stable and high audio and video quality.
How does Signal for PC work?
Once you download and install the signal desktop app, you need to link your desktop account with your Signal mobile account:
- On your desktop application, once launched, a QR code must be displayed
- Open your Signal mobile application, click on your photo to access your account menu, go to "Settings > Linked Devices", and add another device
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code on your desktop and name the associated device
- You are now ready to enjoy Signal for PC
You will then be able to send messages to your contacts, make audio and video calls and continue conversations on your laptop, as all Signal messages on your computer are synchronized with the mobile app.
Is it free?
Signal for PC is 100% free to download and use. Note that Signal is a project managed by a non-profit organization with a donation-based business model and no interest in major technology companies.
How secure is the Signal application?
Signal is very safe as it implements state-of-the-art end-to-end encryption protocol by default and is open source. It means that the application's source code is available for everyone so that any security breach can be reported and fixed. Experts have reviewed the source code many times, and nothing was reported. Last but not least, another good thing is that the app does not track your usage information.
Signal is considered to be one of the most reliable messaging services but its not as widely used as some other messaging apps. If you want to explore other applications, you can also try WhatsApp, Telegram, Messenger, Skype, ICQ New.
- Operating system: Windows 10, 8.1, 8 or 7 64-bit
- Messaging apps
- Messaging app
- Unsupported signal check device output [solved] > Forum - Laptop
- No signal after windows logo > Guide
- No signal on monitor but cpu running > Guide
- D sub no signal [solved] > Forum - CPU/Desktop
- No signal entering power saving mode shortly [solved] > Forum - Monitor
- Snapchat for PC
- Yahoo! Messenger
- POF - Free Online Dating
- Paltalk Messenger
- QQ Messenger
- WhatsApp Aero 2022
- WhatsApp Business
- CyberLink YouCam
- EatCam Webcam Recorder Pro
- IM+ All-in-One Messenger
- Kindu - Romantic Ideas
- World of Chat Messenger
- Google Messages
- Wickr Me
- GB WhatsApp
- ICQ New