ACER Aspire One help

Closed
aido-kel - Jun 9, 2009 at 08:18 AM
 pyvy - Dec 15, 2009 at 05:04 PM
Hello DJ,
I have an Acer Aspire One for the last 6 months it has been working perfectly. Two days ago when I went to turn it on, the green power light came on as normal and I could hear the fans spinning but the computer didn't boot up. I cant hear the hard drive spinning either, and the screen just remains blank. The green light comes on to tell me the battery is fully charged when I connect the power supply. I would be very grateful for any advice you could offer!
here are the system specs
Processor Intel Atom N270 / 1.6 GHz
Data Bus Speed 533 MHz
Chipset Type Mobile Intel 945GSE Express
RAM
Installed Size 1 GB
Technology DDR2 SDRAM - 533 MHz
Form Factor SO DIMM 200-pin
Configuration Features One user-accessible socket
Storage
Hard Drive 120 GB
Related:

1 response

kingme Posts 10 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009 2
Jun 9, 2009 at 08:57 AM
This is may be a problem with your screen! If all the lights turn on and the fan is on so there must not be a problem with the system! Problem is the screen! may be your laptop got a shock while you were travelling with it! i will advise you to take it to a technician!
I had exacty the same problem with the same machine (120 Gb HD, no WinXP but Linux Linpus). Seems not to be a screen problem, since connecting an external screen (HP 2308v, after activation with the proper function key) there is still no signal detected. Appparently the boot is nevertheless bypassed since it reveals necessary to depress the "on/off" button for several seconds to get really the bloody machine off... Cherry on the pie: this break-down occured 12 1/2 months after this "nightmare netbook" was bought, i.e. 15 days after the warranty was finished...