Acer aspire E14 is not turning on

Closed
Khurram - Oct 11, 2016 at 05:18 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Oct 18, 2016 at 02:53 AM
Hello,
My acer aspire E14 is not turning on, I also tried plugging it - no use...it is not even indicating any light please help
Note - it has an inbuilt battery

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Oct 13, 2016 at 10:23 AM
Hello Khurram,

If the warranty of your laptop has expired I suggest you to take out the hard drive and try to connect it to another computer through SATA-USB cable. If your hard drive spins up on a different computer and it is recognized there, but cannot power up on your laptop, then the problem is hiding probably in the power supply unit on your motherboard. While on another PC, I suggest you to make a backup of your files just in case. You could bring your laptop to a technician to make a test of the power connector and/or the power jack center because they might have got damaged.
Also, there's another thing you could try and that is the CMOS battery replacement. Have you done it already? If not, may be the time for that has come. Take the power cord out of the laptop and ope na the lid. Localize the CMOS battery which looks like a battery for a watch. Take it out for about 10 mins and plug it back in, if you don't have a new one. Then, try to boot you lappy once again.

Hope I gave you an idea.
I tried doing that.. at last I gave to a technician hope it gets ready Thankyou so much by the way
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > Khurram
Oct 18, 2016 at 02:53 AM
Keep my fingers crossed!