My PC won't start if I plug monitor to Mobo

Closed
htmk Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday September 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2018 - Updated on Sep 5, 2018 at 11:47 AM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 7, 2018 at 04:49 PM
Hello,

I am facing a strange issue bellow

If I connect my monitor to mobo, the PC won't start. When I press the power button, cpu fan keep spinning,
HDD does not appear to be running(the led signal just lighted on for some second and off forever), no sound, no bipp ... . Nothing in my monitor screen

But If I remove the monitor (unplug the monitor cable) from mobo first and press power button, then the PC will work. I can connect monitor back to mobo after that and everything just works fine

I mean my monitor still work, but I need to remove it from mobo before pressing power button
I don't have extra graphic card, just use default port of mobo
My mobo is Foxconn H61MXL-K

Is there anyone faced this issue before? What can I do to solve it?

Thank you so much for your help
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 5, 2018 at 03:53 PM
You have a grounding issue! Is the PC and monitor plugged into the same outlet?
htmk Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday September 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2018
Updated on Sep 5, 2018 at 08:02 PM
Yes I have 1 outlet with 2 ports. 1 for PC and another one for monitor
What I need to do to solve this problem?

Thanks
Blocked Profile
Sep 6, 2018 at 05:36 PM
Slow down there, please. Does your outlets have 2 or three holes in them?
htmk Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday September 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2018
Sep 6, 2018 at 08:20 PM
Hi

They have 2 holds in them. And my monitor power cable plug has 2 jacks
It works fine with old mobo (which is broken), but new momo

Thanks
Your new MB isn't grounded! You had better check your build! OR, the electric isn't grounded! You have a difference in potential across the two devices, so they won't power up together!