Excel Macro Program

Closed
Dave_M Posts 2 Registration date Friday September 7, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2018 - Sep 7, 2018 at 05:15 AM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 10, 2018 at 04:24 PM
Dear friends and experts. Greetings for the day !!!
Can someone please share with me some ideas on my problem on Excel VB.
Thanks in advance for your time.

I have two main variables. 1. Project Start Date ( according to which the hours spread must move back and forth on a timeline ) and 2. Project Scope ( according to the variation in project scope which is hours, the value of spread will vary )

Note : Number of projects can be as large as 100 and Scope of work can vary also.
Distribution of hours as you might see will follow a fixed proportionate pattern always.

Do we have some tips tricks how to do this using excel VB.

Example :
Project Start Date Project Scope JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUNE JULY AUG SEP OCT
01.04.2018 5000 1000 2000 1000 1000
01.06.2018 10000 2000 4000 2000 2000

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Regards
Have a nice day.
Related:

1 response

Do what? You have described the environment well, but you have failed to let us in on what you are trying to do!

If you are keeping track of work, you need a Database, not a spreadsheet. Spreadsheets calculate complex math equations! A database keeps data in an index for analysis. A database can also do complex math! A database can provide with reports for specific projects. A database can provide analytics on employee utilization and such!

If you are willing to try to learn VBA and Excel, it is worth your time to understand a database. The learning curve is not as steep, and it will provide much more value, turn key! No programming languages needed (besides SQL). The database will have wizards to assist with the SQL portions!

Give that a try!

Dave_M Posts 2 Registration date Friday September 7, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2018
Sep 10, 2018 at 01:26 AM
Thanks dear. I will check that out. You might be right about database. But if you see i have to use 02 different variables to get a combination of outputs. That too automatically using some program which can process that for me.
Blocked Profile
Sep 10, 2018 at 04:24 PM
Dont't worry about the two variables, SQL has language syntax just for that. There are logic built in, like:
LIke X and Y
Like X and NOt like Y
Like X and Y not like Z.
Greater than X but less than z

Have fun!