HP Envy dv6 electrical/keyboard AC power issue

Closed
janntay Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 19, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2018 - Sep 19, 2018 at 03:27 PM
janntay Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 19, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2018 - Sep 22, 2018 at 04:42 PM
Long story short, I was forced to use a universal adapter as my only means of powering my HP Envy dv6 (7292 or 7000 I believe?) laptop so that I could use it a lot. Everything seemed fine for a long time, but then the notebook wouldn't turn on. Discharging an electricity clog seemed to fix it when I disconnected everything and held the power button on before putting the power supply back on, but it was only temporary. Cleaning the fan and keyboard seemed to also temporarily fix the issue, but now the issue has become that I can get on for a little bit and then it suddenly shuts off randomly to which it can't be turned on again unless I "fix" it again. I should state that at this point I have noticed that the universal power supply starts blinking to tell me that I should know that the laptop won't start again unless I do something. I heard that reconnecting the power supply to the motherboard will fix this and I heard that grounding the electricity from the power supply will protect against electrical interference. I don't know if either of those options are correct, but I don't want to mess with my laptop casually. I already seemed to have distorted the keys on the keyboard after cleaning it when reconnecting the strap to the TIF connector, which is another problem I don't know how to fix based on seeing that the most common thing I've read is to make sure that my language is set correctly, which it seems to be.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Related:

2 responses

dimescallion Posts 3 Registration date Thursday September 20, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 21, 2018
Sep 20, 2018 at 06:42 AM
Have you tried opening up your device and blowing all the dust out? also check for any loose connections as that is often the issue
janntay Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 19, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2018
Sep 22, 2018 at 04:42 PM
When cleaning the keyboard and fan, I believe I tried blowing as well. I did also reconnect a couple of things that I could access. My tools don't allow me to access the motherboard yet as that is a layer beyond the keyboard, and I am not sure I want to unless I know that I have to as a last resort given what happened with the keyboard. I believe I am able to see the power supply connection to the motherboard though despite not being able to wiggle it or reconnect it. Probably doing what I did again will temporarily fix the issue again, which makes me think finding a way to continuously ground the electricity is what is needed, but I don't know.