My headphones mic isn't working

-
I got really cool looking red headphones and they have those microphones in it.

So I plugged them in and so far the hearing part was great. (ya know, hearing youtube videos)
But when I went to test a microphone. It sound really distorted and nothing like my voice. It sounded really loud and sounds like a moving robot. I also have nothing around me that makes this sound. I don't know if it's my headphones or just some websites it's not working..

I tested the sound on
scratch.mit.edu

Could I be wrong or is that the website?
I also was stressing about this and it just made me angry.
See more 

Your reply

1 reply

Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
December 14, 2018
Thank you
Check the gain of the microphone. Are these usb devices?
ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
December 14, 2018
-
OK. If the headset only has one plug, and you are plugging it into the headphone jack, there is no physical path to the INPUT that PC is EXPECTING for an INPUT. The mic is in the headphone jack. If you are going to use these types of devices, you need one with TWO plugs, like This!
My headset has 2 plugs. 1 for the microphone and the other for hearing those youtube videos and stuff. (and yes i did put my microphone in the headphone jack.
ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
December 14, 2018
-
OK, if the voice is loud, then open up audio properties and set the mic gain to a lower level.
Right click over the speaker on your task bar, and select VOLUME MIXER. Slide the mic down to a level that is more tolerable!
i dont know where that is.
(also im on windows 8.1)
ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
December 14, 2018
-
Right click over the speaker on the task bar. What options are available?
Respond to ac3mark