My pc won't boot

Closed
Varun044 - Jun 10, 2009 at 06:08 AM
pao2cool Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday August 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2009 - Jun 12, 2009 at 10:35 PM
Hello,
i've recently installed a graphics card. All was well until one day my pc just hanged while i was playing a game. I pressed the reset button and my computer won't start until then. The fans are turnin but display is not coming and keyboard is dead as well. Please help me
Related:

3 responses

dervo Posts 6 Registration date Friday April 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 14, 2009 15
Jun 10, 2009 at 07:43 AM
Hello,

This is a problem from your graphic card! i think you will have to replace it to a new one!
I will advise you to try connecting the graphic card to another pc and see if it works!
Thanx for replyin, but it isn't the graphics card. I tried with the internal graphics n it still dint work ! The graphic card is workin properly on other computers btw
pao2cool Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday August 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2009 8
Jun 10, 2009 at 10:44 PM
Ok assessing your actions to the problem, I'd like you to do the following:
1. Try removing the memory first, then turn on your computer. You should hear some beeps in your PC, because it has no memory in it installed. If you hear a beep I think its two beeps one short and one long beep, then your pc at the first assumption is OK. Turn of your pc, press the power button for 4seconds to turn it off.
2. Put back the memory again, then turn on your pc. See what happens.
3. If the same problem happens, then I'd like to you to reset your BIOS, you can see a jumper there. (I hope you know to how to reset the BiOS). Then remove the battery, the round shape. Some motherboards needs 3 hours before you put back the battery. So men, you have to be patient. hehe..
4. After step 3, then okay turn on your pc again. I hope there's display now :)
thanx for replies man, this forum is great. I tried the eraser technique and it worked. Thanks for helping me out guyz. I owe you big time.
pao2cool Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday August 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2009 8
Jun 12, 2009 at 10:35 PM
what is that eraser technique you tried man? anyways, no problem, yeah everyone is cool here in this forum :)