SanDisk cruzer Glide 64G disconnects on its own

Registration date
Tuesday November 13, 2018
Last seen
December 1, 2018
- - Latest reply:  cygon2e - Dec 5, 2018 at 06:10 PM
Hello. My name is Serge

I always kept a copy of my folders (picture, excel, word files, etc etc) on a cruzer sandisk memory stick.

I begun to get a problem recently when I tryied to make a entiere copy of all folders include on mySandisk. I wanted to get a miror of my sandisck.

The transfert begun and after 5 or ten minutes, it stops. Nothing was possible. The cruzer was not visible on my cumputer, like if it disconnect by itself; fortuitous way, nothing was changed or something.

I removed and reconnect it. It's reappeared and I was able to get acces at all his content! I can open the files but can not copy them in a bunch to an another drive.

This hapen every time now. Each time I try to copy a little bunch of files to or from my sandisk cruzer, it deassaper ou it disconnect so it's not posssible to continu the prosesus.

I would love to rescue all my files to move them to another drive more reliable. I don't care if I need to scrap that stick but want at least rescue my folder.

Someone can help me to fix it or understand what hapen?

Thank you very much,

Serge
See more 

Your reply

1 reply

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Last seen
December 12, 2018
Thank you
How old is this memory stick? Flash memory has a limit in the number of times it can be written to. If you used it every day for years then it's possible it is just worn-out.

You can try some of the recovery products. But, we have not seen much success with them.

Good Luck
It has 1 year ...I bought it on amazon last year
Respond to xpcman