Is a Facebook Group illegal with certain content in it?

Solved/Closed
amen423 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 11, 2018 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2018 - Dec 11, 2018 at 05:54 AM
amen423 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 11, 2018 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2018 - Dec 11, 2018 at 10:07 AM
If someone creates a Facebook Group and in the description uses your name in it, is it an illegal group?
Example is: Description
For those who wish to join a Facebook community group NOT run by (First Name) or (First Name) (Family Name)
All Posts allowed Notices, Sales, Opinions, Parties, Events
Admins wanted

2 responses

Daniel Telele Posts 1227 Registration date Tuesday March 7, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 4, 2021   6,277
Dec 11, 2018 at 06:52 AM
Hello,

No in general this should not be considered against the rules. Please review Facebook's guidelines for groups to find out more.

Sincerely,
amen423 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 11, 2018 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2018
Dec 11, 2018 at 10:07 AM
Hi Daniel,

I had previously read Facebook's Guidelines and I read many issues relating to issues that I believe that because my daughter and myself were named are against their Community Standards that would make it illegal and that is why I asked the question.

Please refer to: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/introduction

I know that the creator of the Group "has it in" for my daughter and myself due to a recent occurrence which involves the Police where we are Administrators of a group that he does not like certain issues that happened within that group, hence our names are mentioned in the group that he has created which is in a small country town.

He made a comment: "Lets remember were talking about one of the most disliked men in town".

Have you now changed your thoughts?