June 24, 2019
-
Registration date
Tuesday October 29, 2019
Status
Last seen
July 23, 2020
-
Hi guys, maybe a stupid question, but still. I have a friend in UAE and we'll planning a video call.
So, I wonder, do I also need a vpn to be able to access any of those apps or only they need vpn?
I'm accessing the apps, they not without the vpn. I hope we'll be able to get in touch.
Thanks in advance for your help

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 75.0.3770.100

3 replies

Registration date
Tuesday October 29, 2019
Status
Last seen
July 23, 2020

I don't think you need a VPN in order to make a video call. I have lots of friends from another country. And I make a video call whenever I need. I don't anything. I hope you'll don't need VPN for making video call with your friends.
Registration date
Monday September 16, 2019
Status
Last seen
January 6, 2020
I don't think VPN is compulsory for video calls.
Registration date
Tuesday March 10, 2020
Status
Last seen
July 5, 2020

VPN was created to maintain anonymity in the network or to access information that is prohibited in your country, such as https://vladtalks.tech/vpn/how-to-test-my-vpn. In your case, you won't need a VPN because you have free access to the application through which you'll communicate, which records audio and video calls, which won't allow you to remain anonymous even when using a VPN. If you have something to hide, then you shouldn't communicate through open access applications, whose information isn't encrypted or protected in any way, and even more so to communicate by video or audio call.
Registration date
Tuesday October 29, 2019
Status
Last seen
July 23, 2020

That's good I think. And your support will surely help the OP. If you want to speed up your VPN service you can look at this article https://vpnwhiz.com/blog/how-to-speed-up-your-vpn/ as a help. All the best!