Which macro (of many) changes the data in my workbook

Closed
GarySchmidt - Updated on Jul 4, 2019 at 11:34 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Jul 4, 2019 at 11:32 AM
I am working with an old macro enabled spreadsheet that has many tabs and many macros. On one tab I have a column that reports "yes" or "no" when the program is run based on different data inputs. I am trying to find out what is putting the data there. When you click on the cells it simply shows text with no formula and there are no "precedents" that show. How can I find the macro or formula putting the data there?
Related:

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Jul 4, 2019 at 11:32 AM
Hi Gary,

That is hard to say. My advise would be to use Ctrl+f on all the codes you have and look for the sheet reference.

If you can't find it, then consider uploading your workbook (always be careful with sensitive data) using a site like wetransfer.com and then post the download link here. If you do, then mention which cells on which sheet is changing and with which action the change happens.

Best regards,
Trowa