I have no sound on my destop pc

Closed
~*Erica*~ Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday June 17, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 17, 2009 - Jun 17, 2009 at 10:32 PM
go4tyson Posts 24 Registration date Monday June 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2009 - Jun 18, 2009 at 02:13 AM
Hello,
A couple of months ago, I had windows ME and I had my sister to upgrade to Windows Xp and everything is fine with it,except i have no sound ,and when i try to play a playlist or a CD in Windows Media Player a error puts up and says... Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly. and when i went to sounds and Audio device and click on Volume,it says ...No Audio Devices, How do i fix this problem without having to buy anything. Please Help!
Here is my information about my pc.

System Information:

Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Computer
Processor Name:Intel Celeron
Manufacturer: AOpen
Model:1294
Thank you
Related:

1 response

go4tyson Posts 24 Registration date Monday June 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2009 5
Jun 18, 2009 at 02:13 AM
you upgraded your pc but u did not installed you sound driver.
you will have a cd that is your mother board cd when u buyed ur pc.
so get that cd (i think that cd will have a intel label on that cd or written ur mother board name) and
install u will get the sound back