"Upgraded" to IE8 and it messed up every

Closed
Tami - Jun 18, 2009 at 12:23 AM
 joe - Sep 10, 2009 at 10:27 AM
Hello, I downloaded IE8 and then could not get onto the internet. I finally got on with firefox but still have so many problems I don't know where to start. First, I cannot access system restore. Anything I try to access thru my desktop such as system restore, it just flashes and does nothing. If I try to search my pc, the assistant comes up but there is no dialogue - this goes for all help menus as well. I have tried accessing other way too but to no avail. I uninstalled IE8 but it seems like I keep find references to it so I'm not totally sure if I have or not actually. I have several error messages that I won't bother mentioning unless anyone thinks it will help. I am at my wits end and I don't know what to do. I have a recovery disk but don't know if that would fix it (?) and I rather not lose everything if I can at all avoid it. If anyone has any suggestions I would really really appreciate it.

4 responses

stuckon Posts 1 Registration date Saturday May 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009
Jun 18, 2009 at 06:54 AM
hi,

this may be due to a virus.

go to safe mode (press F8 repeatedlywhen booting your computer and select safe mode).

install an antivirus and run it.

this should fix the problem or check if you can do a system restore from safe mode.
I just upgraded too - sure wish I hadn't. Now can't even open the ********* damn internet explorer, am mad as hell - is affecting my business. Can anyone please tell me how to UNDO the upgrade?
Dragonv10user
Jul 14, 2009 at 03:35 PM
Same thing happened to me. I couldn't get into my computer. I tried safe mode about 10 times, got in, uninstalled IE 8, and then tried to do system restore like 4 times, to no avail. Now, when booting up, it takes me literally 25 minutes to be able to use my computer -- I keep getting the little hourglass. I've done defragment, disc clean, and CC cleaner, to no avail.

I don't think it's a virus, but has anyone tried that method to solve this problem?

I can't live with this.

Thank you.
Go to add/remove and choose uninstall ie8 and it will revert back to previous version of IE using before
-same for vista, programs and features, uninstall