Help my Keyboard is completely messed up!!

Solved/Closed
Pinkicexox - Aug 29, 2009 at 12:12 PM
 noname - Feb 24, 2013 at 08:33 AM
Hello,
I bought a windows vista about 2 and a half years ago and its been working fine since I got it, up until about a month ago when my hard drive crashed and I had to get it fixed. I had it returned to me in perfect condition except for one increasingly annoying problem! For some strange reason certain keys on my keyboard type in a different language! when I go to ues the question mark key I get this symbol (é) even if I press shft all I get is the same symbol in upper case (É). If I go to type the slash, bracket, colen, or any other literary symbols I get these in stead (ç,ù,é,è,à) all shift does is convert it to uppercase. I have tried everything I can think of, restoring the settings to when I first got it, changing the language, everything and still the problem continues. I am at my wits end, I am even begining to comtemplate replacing my laptop all together! Please some one give me some advise anything that could help me fix this!
Related:

3 responses

hold down the control and function key at the same time (bottom left of my hp laptop keyboard) then, while holding them down, hit the shift key on the right 2 times. That should do it, works for mine whenever I accidently set it for french symbols.
Thank you so much for this answer!!!! I have been searching for months and could not find a solution that works for my Samsung laptop....your suggestion worked!!!! How on earth does Samsung assume that anyone will figure that out????? Idiots!!! Thanks again!!!