Language settings

Closed
Nacha - May 14, 2020 at 06:45 AM
jerry_maguire Posts 11 Registration date Monday December 21, 2020 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2020 - Dec 23, 2020 at 10:17 AM
Hello,

I need your help please
I can't find English in the language settings of my Sony vaio laptop
I'm using window xp, I was able to get to the regional language but English is not there. Please what do I need to do?
Related:

2 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
May 15, 2020 at 03:10 AM
Hello, from one of our old articles, this is how to change language on windows XP
  • Click on start - it must be at the bottom left corner of the screen
  • Click on the writing next to the image of a paper with a tick on it and a pen (control panel)
  • Click on the icon that shows the earth and a calendar (date, time, language and regional options)
  • Click on the writing next to the image of a globe (it should open up a new window)
  • Change all the language options to the language of your choice or sometimes you have to put the country that speaks that language
  • Change tabs and do the same
  • Click on the first box at the very bottom of that window (ok)
  • Close all the windows by pressing the "x" on the top right corner of the window
  • Click on start
  • Click on the red "switch" icon (it should ask you what to do)
  • Click on the green icon (restart - should turn off and turn back on)
  • Check if it's the language of your choice.

Regards
jerry_maguire Posts 11 Registration date Monday December 21, 2020 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2020 2
Dec 23, 2020 at 10:17 AM
Try this

1. Press Start > Control Panel.
2. In Category View, select Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options. ...
3. Click the Languages tab, then press the Details... ...
4. Press Add...
5. Select the desired language from the Input language: drop-down menu and press OK.

The input language has been successfully added.

Regards,
Jerry