IBM Thinkpad

Closed
DarkWesker - Jun 20, 2009 at 05:25 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 20, 2009 at 06:54 AM
Hello,
I just got my grandpas old laptop and i want to use it for some of my, design programs so i needed to update it to Windows XP, so i figured just format all drives and start over! Well after I did that It only loads up to a screen that says not a valid system disk, insert new disk and hit any button. I assume it lost its motherboard drivers,or its bios was wiped away somehow. so its compleatly usless at the moment and everyone keeps telling my to download this and that to it but the thing is it cant start up it cant go online!!! I have both a floppy for it and cd drive so im pretty open for business but i need to solve this problem.
Heres its stats:
BIOS version, Date: INET24WW, 05/24/99
System-Unit serial numbers: 26454AU 78BHFA2
System board serial number: J1Y26GD2528
Microprocessor: Pentium II Processor 366MHz
UUID: f88a3c01-3b4c-11c6-afe0-cd21a3987300

plz if anyone can shine some light on the subject id'e appreciate it.
Thank You

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 20, 2009 at 06:54 AM
Hye you formatted the laptop, you will have to use the Windows XP installation CD for Windows Installation...

Insert the Disk and boot your laptop using it! (Go to your BIOS settings press DEL or F2 then select the 1st boot priority to CD/DVD ROM)

Once your are loading the windows installation process, choose the partition you wish to install Windows, For example, C:

Then follow all the steps!

You will need to download or use your driver cd to install all important drivers....You didn't mention your laptop model number!