Lenovo Laptop blinking keys but no display

Closed
What123What - Mar 6, 2023 at 07:58 AM
 What123What - Mar 14, 2023 at 03:27 AM

My Lenovo laptop L380 yoga won't turn on the keys F1, F4, Esc, Caps Lock, are just blinking repeatedly .

Windows / Chrome 110.0.0.0

1 response

Herminaandrews Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday March 7, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2023 2
Updated on Mar 7, 2023 at 10:35 AM

I'm sorry to hear that your Lenovo laptop L380 yoga is having issues turning on. If the keys F1, F4, Esc, Caps Lock are blinking repeatedly, it may indicate a hardware problem or an error in the boot process.

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Disconnect all peripherals and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds to discharge any residual power, then reconnect the battery and try turning on the laptop.

2. If step 1 doesn't work, try connecting the laptop to an external display. If you can see the display on the external monitor, it may indicate a problem with the laptop's screen or graphics card.

3. If step 2 doesn't work, try entering the BIOS by pressing the F1 key repeatedly as soon as you turn on the laptop. If you can enter the BIOS, it may indicate a problem with the operating system or the hard drive.

4. If step 3 doesn't work, you may need to contact Lenovo customer support for further assistance or consider taking the laptop to a repair center.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue and get your laptop working again.

Is it just better to buy a new one or get it fixed?

HelpiOS Posts 14289 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 7, 2024 1,890 > What123What
Mar 8, 2023 at 02:57 PM

I recommend you to see directly with the support or the repair center to find out if it is advantageous for you to get it fixed or not.

Someone told me that dropping it 5cm to the ground would help and it did, but everytime i turn it off i have to keep doing it.

With the first step if i do it, will it fix everything or do i have to keep doing it everytime the laptop won't turn on.