Lenovo T470 power LED blink 3 time but it's not powering up

Solved/Closed
hemantha - Updated on Jun 16, 2022 at 05:41 AM
Eliseiuwka Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 2, 2023 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2023 - Feb 2, 2023 at 01:55 PM
I have managed to solve this issue after following the below steps.

1. remove batteries(both internal and external
2. remove RAM and CMOS battery
3. leave laptop 5 minutes
4. plugged the RAM/CMOS/batteries and the LAPTOP was powered UP
Related:

2 responses

Irina2207 Posts 46 Registration date Friday January 21, 2022 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2023 34
Jun 20, 2022 at 12:39 AM
Hi,
Is this problem of yours has been resolved or not. If not then you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
In my case, the solution was to pull the battery, wait 2 minutes and then reconnect the battery. The problem is that in a Lenovo that is not as simple as it sounds because the battery is internal. Fortunately, it is still not very hard to do:

Unplug the unit from the AC power and all other devices (i.e. USB mouse…)
Turn the unit over and remove all 10 screws
From the corner under the screen near the network and Kensington lock port, use your fingers to pry the backoff
I have done this 4 times now, without any damage to my unit
Disconnect the battery connector cable from the motherboard
In my case my fingernails just would not do it, so I used a tiny ‘flat’ screwdriver to pry each end of the black plastic connector out of the metal header
Let it sit for a few minutes (2?) so that everything on the motherboard drains.
Slide the battery connector back into the header
Press the power button and see what happens
If it powers up, put them back on and screw it down, your done
If it does not power up, disconnect the main battery again, pull the BIOS battery, let it sit for 5 minutes (to drain) then plug the unit into the AC power adaptor (i.e. do NOT reconnect either battery) and power up
If this works, power down the unit, reconnect both batteries, put them back on, and screw it down, your done
If your Flex 3 still does not work, you likely need to put everything back the way it was, call Lenovo for warranty support and make sure you don’t tell them you pulled it apart because they might void your warranty (or buy a battery off eBay)