WhatsApp back-up

Solved/Closed
VincentV - Mar 23, 2021 at 10:38 AM
 VincentV - Apr 25, 2021 at 03:13 AM
Hello,

On my old phone I try to make a back-up of WhatsApp chats. But if I do, WhatsApp makes a back-up of the chats until May 2020. All the new chats stand on my old phone, but I can't transfer them to my new phone. Both are Android. I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

Vincent

2 responses

Hello Tomas,

Thanks for your reply. In the end it worked out. I have created a new password for the Google Account and Google Drive and put that on the phone as well. Then it was possible to make a current backup.

Kind regards, Vincent
tomaswilson Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 21, 2021 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2021
Updated on May 5, 2021 at 05:48 PM
Hi Vincent, sorry to hear you are not able to get your data back as you want it. I don't know what method you use.

Open WhatsApp. Tap More options > Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Back up to Google Drive. Select a backup frequency other than Never. Select the Google account you'd like to back up your chat history to.

If this does not work you can check other third part tools like drfone, android recovery or Mobiletrans. They all vary depending on their capabilities.