Should I get a 144Hz monitor for PS5?

Closed
4kresolution Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 28, 2021 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2021 - May 28, 2021 at 08:21 AM
 maryremi - Aug 30, 2021 at 02:58 AM
PS5 supports 4k at 120fps. So what do you guys think ...should I buy a 4k monitor at 60hz, a 4k monitor at 120hz or a cheap 144hz UHD monitor? I feel that my old monitor is not helping me at all in battle royale. My budget is limited but I was looking on this list of 4K PS5 gaming monitors (https://www.emchat.net/emchat/2021/5/19/best-4k-monitors-for-ps5-top-5-ps5-gaming-setups-in-2021) and it looks really promising. I know 4k is the future and I don't want to regret it later. Looking for any tips and suggestions.
Related:

3 responses

Bob Dijks Posts 2704 Registration date Friday April 3, 2015 Status Administrator Last seen August 30, 2022   324
May 28, 2021 at 07:21 PM
Hello,

Looking at the future, I would probably try to go for a 4K monitor at 120Hz. In June, Amazon will have its yearly Prime Day during which you can expect to find a good amount of monitors on sale.

Cheers,

Bob
IsabellaMark Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday August 25, 2021 Status Member Last seen August 25, 2021
Updated on Aug 25, 2021 at 07:20 AM
I have a PS5 and I've been using LG 27GL650F-B 27 Inch Full HD. It is the best monitor that I've used. It has 27 inches display screen with a refresh rate of 144 Hz. It's been almost 6 months and I've no regrets. If you want to go with this monitor I'm sure you will also love it.
The best monitor for gaming differs from person to person. Some people prefer a big screen, while others enjoy the crisp and clear quality of HD screens. If you’re trying to choose the perfect monitors, it’s hard to know where you should start.

Luckily we’re here with some guidelines on how you can make sure your next purchase will be nothing short of extraordinary. If you want to be a competitive sim racer, it is important that your monitor can run graphics at high speeds with no lag.

Professional drivers are now shifting towards online racing sims because of how hyper-realistic they allow for people to experience driving and racing in real-life scenarios.

You know what they say, “you get what you pay for.” So here is the best monitor for sim racing depending on budget. It can be hard picking a certain type of gaming monitor because there are so many different styles and sizes available.

After years of research, we have compiled a list of the best gaming monitors for sim racing on a budget. We have compiled these factors in order to narrow it down for you: comparison table below. Fulfilling our criteria here is important when looking at monitors that will help your experience with anything from driving games like Forza Motorsport 7 or Dirt Rally as well as flight simulation video games such as IL-2 Sturmovik 1946.

Our criteria include overall performance and monitor preference to help you find your perfect match. We’ve also included an informative table that compares our top picks based on these considerations.