Problem with dvd/cd driver

Closed
klee - Jun 24, 2009 at 12:59 AM
 ICE - Jan 4, 2010 at 07:32 AM
Hello,
ok so this has been an on going problem for the last year. I have an acer aspire 5100 laptop. The dvd/cd driver has stopped working. When I place a disk in it you can hear it spin, but that's about it. There is no driver in the My Computer prompt and no dvd/cd driver in the device manager. I also do not have any upper or lower files, i know that the general solution to this fix is to delete them, but trust me they are not there. I've tried the MS fix it, that didn't work. And there are no downloads, as far as i could tell, on the acer website for replacement drivers. I've e-mailed acer and they told me to do a system restore, this also did not help.
I would really appreciate any help that i can get to fix this, I'm not a computer person so please keep that in mind when explaining stuff!
thanks so much!
-klee-
Related:

4 responses

I'm having this same problem with a Gateway FX7620 with the same cd/dvd drive. I deleted the upper and lower limits once and it worked for about 24 hours, but it stopped again and there are no upper and lower limits shown. Any body have any other ideas?
try to do a windows repair installation (XP). boot up with windows cd, continue until license and agreement (F8), it will search for a windows already installed, when its found, press R for repair. I will do a windows installation, it will not delete any files or programs. What it will do is repair and replace missing files from windows. One problems is, anti virus might need reinstallation.
Have you had any luck with this, as i have just had the exact, word for word same problem with mine.

It was there yesterday and now it is gone.

It also wont recognise my 'plug and play' wd passport HD!!!

This laptop is s**T!
Same problem, anyone have a solution? please email me, support.rakechad-at-g-mail.c-om