DOWNGRADING VISTA to XP PRO help please?

Closed
XenoChrist Posts 7 Registration date Monday June 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 28, 2009 - Jun 26, 2009 at 06:28 PM
 deloux - Jul 4, 2009 at 10:01 AM
Hello,

Okay So I have Vista Home Basic and I want to downgrade to XP Pro. I need to know what I need to do before and after installation. Backing up some stuff is a must and reformatting my hard drive is a must as well. So yeah, like what drivers will I need to re-get and what stuff won't work on my computer besides sound? My sound already doesn't work on vista, because one day I turn on my laptop and it randomly stopped working, says no audio output device is installed.....anyways So I'm think going to to XP could fix this after I get the xp sound driver for it. What are the benefits of downgrading and what are the consequences and what can I do about them?

One benefit is obviously performance I know XP performs better and I'm more used to XP as well.

I have an Acer Aspire 4330, with a 120GB SATA HDD.

Any help with your knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Related:

2 responses

is it possible to downgrade it to xp without the xp discs ? cause i only have the vista ones and personally hate vista
fobvious5 Posts 259 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2010 15
Jun 27, 2009 at 10:46 AM
Hello first of all you will have to download all your XP drivers for your laptop!

Download here: http://komku.blogspot.com/2009/01/acer-aspire-4330-4330z-windows-xp-and.html

Then You will have to access your bios! and change the sata mode to IDE!

Start your pc and boot the Windows Installation Disc

Follow the instructions then install windows on the C: Partition!