Good PC network card

Closed
under555 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 4, 2022 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2022 - Jan 4, 2022 at 07:44 PM
under555 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 4, 2022 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2022 - Jan 5, 2022 at 05:45 PM
Hi, I am looking for a WIFI network card (it would be nice if it was with BT) for my PC.

I can't let the cable go, I know it will be worse on WIFI, but it's hard.

Currently I have a router with UPC (polish company) with a 500 mega net (weak router, I know) but soon there will be a router with WIFI 6 from another 1 giga operator - no router crazy, but let's say that it must be enough for the time being.
the current router is
Compal Broadband Networks CH7465LG-LC (the one from UPC) but I think it's less important because I can always buy my router in the future

I did two tests on the current router

on the desk there was an antenna from my current network card (such a crap that I disconnected it at all), i.e. Asus PCE-AC88 (in my computer)

interestingly, on the same desk I put my Thinkpad laptop with an Intel AX210NGW network card, i.e. ax210NGW
I didn't set anything up neither the computer nor the laptop, i.e. I didn't set anything up in the network cards.

Much better internet parameters were on the laptop.

The topic was so tiring that in the end (from six months ago) I gave it up, but now I want to quickly buy a PC card.

Back then, from what I remember, the final conclusion was that the Intel based network cards work best and my asus has something other than intel.

So: what network card to buy? one on the pcie (Or USB) so that the antenna was on the cable, so that it could stand on the desk.

Under WIFI 6, I would like it to serve for a long time with the latest possible chipset.

I assume that if the 2-year-old card in my thinkpad works cool, then some newer PC intel will be even better - at least a little.

What to buy and why?
Related:

1 response

under555 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 4, 2022 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2022
Jan 5, 2022 at 05:45 PM
I wrote down all the possible settings of my asus from the device manager, maybe something needs to be set differently or something - do you have an idea? because the network card can only be set there, right?

20/40 coexistence – auto/enab/disab

2g bandwidth capability – 2.4G: 20/40Mhz Or 2.4G: 20Mhz

40Mhz intolerant – enab/disab

802.11d support (auto-country) – disab/enab

Antenna diversity – auto/aux/main

Arp offload – enab/disab

Assoc listen interval – number like 1,2,3 etc

Beamforming – disabled/enabled

Bluetooth collaboration – auto/enab/disab

Bss plcp header – auto(short/long) or long

D2 listen interval – 1,2,3 etc i has setup 5

Enable/disable LTR – enab/disab

Fragmentation threshold – number , i has “2346”

Locally aministered mac address – number or dosent exsist (i has this one)

Ltr active value in microseconds – numbers , i have 60

Minimum power consumption – enab/disab

Ns offload –enab/disab

Power output – percents , i has 100%

Priority & vlan – P&V disabled or P&V enabled or priority enabled or vlan enabled

Rts threshold – numbers, i have 2347

Vht features – numbers, i have 7

Wake on magic pocket – enab or disab

Wake on pattern match – enab od disab

Wfd channel number – numbers, i have 11

Wifi rekeying offload – disabled/ enabled

Wmm – auto/disab/enab

Xpress (tm) technology – enabled/disabled