Missing mail

Closed
Castaway - Jul 31, 2022 at 02:11 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Jul 31, 2022 at 10:07 AM

Hello,

I recently bought a new phone. I have been using yahoo mail since 1999. When I opened up the yahoo app, my inbox, sent mail ended 2/2021. I lost all the mail until that date. Also all my folders are empty. Some of the folders are not there. Of course yahoo support claims that everything was deleted. I did not delete 20 years of mail. Can anyone please help? 

Thanks 

Android / Chrome 103.0.0.0

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Jul 31, 2022 at 10:07 AM

Hi,

I suggest you check your account from the Yahoo Mail site to see if something happened to your account. This will help to make sure that there is no issues with the app itself.

If you can't see your emails and folders on the site either, there are 2 possible causes.

• Your email account is sync with a messaging app like Outlook, and by thinking that you are using the POP protocol, you cleaned up your inbox. Unfortunately, you were using the IMAP protocol and that also deleted everything on Yahoo's servers.
  • Someone has accessed your account without your knowledge or your account was compromised. Take a look at your Yahoo Security Settings to review the recent activities. If you suspect something wrong, change your password immediately to secure your account.

Yahoo may help you to recover deleted emails in the last 7 days by submitting a restore request.

Good luck