Cannot delete Yahoo Mail Calendar / my calendar

Closed
Pete_0815 Posts 2 Registration date Monday November 21, 2022 Status Member Last seen November 23, 2022 - Nov 21, 2022 at 05:42 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 - Nov 26, 2022 at 05:29 PM

Hi there,

I recently add a calendar with yahoo > My calendar and shared via email

This calendar I want to delete

1.     arrow > Calendar edit (below My Calendar)
  2.     delete "calendar"
  3.     short pop-up says:"Calendar" has been deleted
  4.     but: calendar still there, emails to share still there
  5.     logout/login/change browser, etc. nothing helped
  6.     now managed to delete "shared email" and changed calendar name, saved again
  7.     nevertheless, Calendar still there

What else could I do?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Related:

3 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 1,891
Nov 23, 2022 at 07:57 AM

Hi,

I found that it is not possible to delete the default calendar. If you select Edit Calendar > Delete, you will get a confirmation message but only the events will be deleted.

If you create a new calendar by going to Actions > Create New Calendar > Save and you choose to delete it, you will need to confirm whether you want to delete the events or the whole calendar.

As the default calendar cannot be deleted, you can only stop sharing it by selecting Edit Calendar and turning off the sharing options.

Pete_0815 Posts 2 Registration date Monday November 21, 2022 Status Member Last seen November 23, 2022
Nov 23, 2022 at 03:24 PM

Hi,

Thank you. Maybe I put it wrong.
I don't want to delete the default calendar, of course.
But a new, created below My Calendar (the default calendar)
And there is no event any more in the calendar (which was just for one invitation).It just bothers that this new calendar cannot be deleted anymore.

When clicking the arrow > calendar edit > yahoo asks: "Are you sure you want to delete all events in this calendar?"

(But there are no events anyway and all toggles are all OFF.)

> I confirm > delete

> pop-up says: calendar "New Calendar" has been deleted

But that new calendar is still there, don't know why it cannot be deleted. Just annoying

Tried about 5-6 times, always same message "New Calendar" has been deleted. But it's not.

Regards

HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 1,891
Nov 26, 2022 at 05:29 PM

Hi,

I think the calendar you created and the default calendar have been reversed. Try deleting the calendar that is supposed to be the default one - it may be the new calendar.

Let me know how it goes.