Touchpad got suck after some time

Closed
Clark213 Posts 2 Registration date Friday November 11, 2022 Status Member Last seen November 23, 2022 - Updated on Nov 23, 2022 at 04:58 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14295 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 14, 2024 - Nov 23, 2022 at 04:57 PM

Hello everyone. I am using window 10 on Lenovo laptop. It is Thinkpad series. Now the issue is that its touch pad got stuck after some time. I have done its window twice will all drivers updated. But the issue is not resolving. My friend said that you have to change the touch pad, but same touch pad is not available in the market. Also I don't want to sell this laptop. Its biggest benefit is that it is user friendly. 

Can any one here assist me in this concern?

Windows / Chrome 107.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14295 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 14, 2024 1,891
Nov 23, 2022 at 04:57 PM

Hi,

If even with the latest drivers version your touchpad won't work properly, did you try uninstalling the drivers completely - restart - and reinstalling them?

You can also try installing the default drivers before choosing the updated ones. Sometimes, new versions of drivers may not be fully compatible with your peripherals.

Check also your touchpad settings (sensibility...) in Settings > Devices > Touchpad and try adjusting them from there. If necessary, access the additional settings.

If it still won't work properly, open your laptop to check the touchpad connectors. Alternatively, take your laptop to a local technician.

Good luck.