Which language should I learn when starting career as DS?

Solved/Closed
axel_blaze01 Posts 1 Registration date Friday December 9, 2022 Status Member Last seen December 9, 2022 - Dec 9, 2022 at 03:04 AM
saramarzo Posts 4 Registration date Friday December 30, 2022 Status Member Last seen December 30, 2022 - Dec 30, 2022 at 06:35 PM

I just wanted to know whether to start learning R or Python are both are used for data science and they usually say you shouldn't learn both of them. So I wanted to know learning which language would be easier and useful.

Thank you so much..

Related:

1 response

saramarzo Posts 4 Registration date Friday December 30, 2022 Status Member Last seen December 30, 2022 3
Dec 30, 2022 at 06:35 PM

Both R and Python are popular programming languages used in data science, and they both have their own strengths and use cases. Here are a few things to consider when deciding whether to learn R or Python:

1. Ease of learning: Both R and Python are relatively easy to learn for beginners, although Python may be considered slightly easier due to its more consistent and straightforward syntax.

2. Popularity: Python is currently more popular than R, and it is widely used in a variety of fields beyond data science, such as web development, scientific computing, and machine learning. This makes it a good choice if you are interested in a programming language with a broad range of applications.

3. Data manipulation and visualization: R is a powerful language for data manipulation and visualization, and it includes a variety of libraries and tools specifically designed for these tasks. If you are primarily interested in working with data and creating visualizations, R may be a better choice.

4. Machine learning: Python is widely used for machine learning, and it includes a number of powerful libraries and frameworks for building and training machine learning models. If you are interested in machine learning, Python may be a better choice.

Ultimately, the choice between R and Python will depend on your goals and preferences. Both languages are useful and have their own strengths, and it's possible to learn both if you have the time and resources to do so. If you're still unsure which language to start with, you might consider trying out both and seeing which one you find more enjoyable