Facebook log in not working

Closed
Kimzzzzzs Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 8, 2023 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2023 - Feb 8, 2023 at 01:36 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Feb 9, 2023 at 08:09 AM

Hi! I’m thankful to be part of this group. I’m a social entrepreneur after retiring from a career in anesthesia and I’m having Facebook woes which is bad since my health and beauty business is social media based!

Recently we traveled out of the country and on 3 consecutive nights, there were attempts to log into my Facebook account. My account was locked until I verified my identity and changed my password. Which triggered suspicious activity alerts on my account from multiple log ins and password changes and they disabled and hid  my account. I verified my identity by uploading my drivers license and today got the good news I could recover my account! Except…. The log in doesn’t work. I used the link they sent to get to FB. Put in my info but I had 2 factor authentication on my account and I can’t get to the code generator because my account is hidden until I log in! 

So the email gave me another option— I could click the Facebook link in the email and use a password they sent to log in. Only when I do it says incorrect password! 

So I tried the forgot password option where they send a code via email or text message and they sent the exact same code over and over and it would always say it was the wrong code when I submitted it— even when I copied and pasted it! I’m so frustrated! 

I updated the FB app. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I tried all the options— text and email for getting codes. And I tried both a lap top and my phone for access. And I shit my phone completely down and rebooted and nothing helped! 

I googled and read and found ways to report the issue to FB but you must be logged in to access it! 

Thx for any help you can give! 

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Feb 9, 2023 at 08:09 AM

Hi,

It looks like you've tried all the ways to recover your account, but not to avail. I suggest you then apply the following recommendation provided in our dedicated article:

To restore your Facebook account, you can try avoiding making any attempt to open your Facebook account for 96 hours. Also, clear your browser cache, and delete your cookies. In some cases, this may be enough to restore account access.

Try requesting a new recovery code after 4 days. If it still fails, confirm your identity again in order to get another email containing a new generated recovery link.

You can also take a look at this similar thread. The OP got help from the Meta Pro team, but only available for business accounts.

Good luck.