PS4 Error Code CE-42288-4

Closed
ChrisTheCat - Feb 15, 2023 at 10:30 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Mar 1, 2023 at 07:24 AM

Hello,

I've lately been getting the error code in the title on my PS4. When I attempt to connect to the Wi-Fi, it refuses to connect to the PlayStation Network - it will sometimes not pick up my IP or will just say there is no internet to connect to, but those two usually work, while the PSN connection hasn't worked since this issue started a few days ago.

I have tried resetting my internet - nothing. I have tried connecting the PS4 to my phone hotspot, and it still can't connect to PSN. PSN is not down in my country as far as I can tell. I've tried restoring the database - nothing. I've even tried a LAN cable, and having the PS4 right next to the modem - still won't work. 

Any advice? I don't want to have to factory reset the console because I don't really know how to download all of my files off of the console. 

Thanks in advance!

Android / SamsungBrowser 20.0

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Mar 1, 2023 at 07:24 AM

Hi,

I suggest you try setting up manually the DNS settings of your PS4. Go to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection. You can either choose WiFi or Lan cable.

Select Custom > [your network name] > Automatic > Do Not Specify and Manual for the DNS settings. Next, enter 8.8.8.8 as the primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as the secondary DNS.

Then, select Automatic > Do Not Use​​​​​​​ > Test Internet Connection.

Hope this helps.