There are a few potential reasons your PlayStation 3 might not produce sound. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the problem:
- Check that the audio settings on your PS3 are configured correctly. Go to the "Settings" menu, then "Sound Settings," and ensure that the audio output is set to the correct device (e.g., HDMI or optical).
- Check that the audio cables are securely connected to the PS3 and the TV or audio receiver. Make sure that the cables are not loose or damaged.
- Try a different HDMI cable or a different audio cable, as the cable you currently use may be damaged.
- If you have a surround sound system, ensure it is set to the correct input.
- Try resetting your PS3 to its default settings by going to "Settings" > "System Settings" > "Restore PS3 System"
If none of these solutions worked, the problem is with the hardware of your PS3, and it might need service.